My husband actually came up with this title, probably because he wanted to see just how creative I could be………..or maybe because he secretly wishes I was related to Ms. Child and some of her cooking genes were in my DNA. Nope………..and add a chronic illness or three…….cooking is not something I usually enjoy.
So, my friends, the bar for me to feel like a gourmet chef is set really low –
- There is food in the fridge that can be eaten without any cooking at all – yogurt, salad mix, fruit, cut up veggies – hey isn’t eating raw all the rage?!
- There are fruits and veggies on the counter that can be eaten just as they are – bonus points if they are in multiple colors – I know vegan is in!
- There are vegetables that can be eaten after being heated up in the microwave – my kids are starting to love sweet potatoes – at least this is what I choose to believe!
- There are still freezer meals available if you are able to reach deep enough into the chest freezer without losing your balance.
- My pantry has items that can be eaten just by being heated up in the microwave – a can of soup and a can of veggies – hey, mix those together and I am pretty sure it would taste good enough to try it again.
- There is something cooking in the crockpot.
- There are enough leftovers from the day before to feed everyone another meal!
- I actually cut up fruit and veggies to eat with a meal.
- I prepared something edible with more than three ingredients.
- I have the energy to eat the food once I have prepared it!
And there you have it my friends………… if any of those 10 things are happening, I feel like I am rockin’ it in the meal prep department.