Sending a sincere and loving THANK YOU to all of you out there who make this world a better place. I read your achievements daily……helping others through your encouraging words, beautiful and creative writings, beneficial information and prayers.
YOU are what makes this world so special and I am honored to be a very small part of it.
May God bless each of you with a peaceful Christmas season and a joyous New Year.
First I want to start off by thanking Something To Stu Over . He is a nice guy who discusses tough subjects with grace and encourages others in their walk with God, no matter where they may be on their path.
Here are the rules:
- Write a post to show your award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Nominate 6-12 bloggers who you believe deserve to be recognized. Comment on their blogs, to let the nominees know they have been nominated.
How I started my blog:
Great question……..It is something I have wanted to do for years, but I had no confidence to do it. I mean who in their right mind would give two hoots to read anything I had to write, as I have never been any good at writing. In fact, I had a high school English professor who told me that I would be “nothing more than a chicken farmer” because my writing was so bad. Well, little did he know that I took that statement as a compliment!
But, with the encouragement of my family (especially my husband) and allowing even more time to pass, I finally made it my New Year’s Resolution to start the blog in January of this year. It started very awkwardly, but I started it nonetheless! I really wasn’t sure what was going to come out of this blog, but I was hoping that I could help and/or encourage just one chronically ill person, what better goal could there be?
Advice for fellow bloggers:
I have very simple advice…….
- Be true to yourself…….don’t follow trends, pay attention to the number of followers or likes, instead write what makes you happy and the rest will follow.
- Take time to really connect with fellow bloggers, they will provide you with precious gifts of knowledge, encouragement, and fellowship.
My nominees: I picked 7 since Stu, who nominated me, picked seven. If you choose to take on this award, great, if not, please know that I thought of you!
Living with Lupus
Love Through Blog
Crafts, Chronic Illness and Adulting