I would like to give a HUGE shout out to Amber at The World Sees Normal for giving me this nomination. I am humbled she would think of me. Please go check out her awesome blog where she touches on several chronic health issues and all the stuff that goes along with it. And I would like to apologize for taking so long to complete this, I am truly sorry!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS…
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions for me:
1. If you could pick one person in your life to switch places with so they could feel how you feel for the day, who would it be and why!?
My doctors, if you haven’t experienced it, you can’t truly understand it.
2. When you have people in your life that just can’t seem to understand you and your illness, what have you found to be the best way to explain it to them, so they understand?
I have to be honest, I have been dealing with this so long that I just don’t even try anymore. I use to, but it never worked. Then I would get upset at the person for not understanding and s/he trying to compare my issue with the time he broke his arm in the 6th grade.
3. When you have some time just for you, how do you spend that time? Do you enjoy the quiet of being alone or would you rather be with a close friend or family member?
If I am having a good day, I love to walk and think and pray. Walking is a gift I NEVER take for granted. I will go off alone but also enjoy the company of my family.
4. What is your all time favorite TV show?
I do not watch TV but do watch Netflix, Amazon Prime and some shows over the internet, so this is a little difficult for me to answer. But if I had to pick a TV show it would be The Middle. There have been a few episodes where I swore they were secretly filming my family.
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
This one is really easy for me……….I love unsweetened green iced tea from Starbucks.
6. What is the most UNBELIEVABLE thing that someone in the medical profession has said to you? And what was your response?
A neurologist told me that maybe I just needed to purchase different under clothing to relieve my symptoms………..I was so absolutely shocked that I looked at her and said……….”seriously?”
7. What is the most annoying thing to you about living with a chronic illness?
That it exists!
8. If you were able to have three wishes what would they be and why?
#1 Cure all ailments in the world – everyone would be healthy!
#2 Clean, pure drinking water everywhere on Earth – water is the source of life
#3 Peace throughout the world – let your imagination run wild of what could be accomplished
9. What is one activity in life that you loved doing, and have had to now give up due to your chronic illness? And do you feel any resentment?
Riding horses…………for years I couldn’t even look at a horse without getting tears in my eyes.
10. What blog have you enjoyed writing the most and why?
The ones I have enjoyed writing the most, and there have been several, are the ones that just flow from my mind to my hands. Writing has always been a difficult process for me and one I really have to work at. But if I have to choose one it would be the dock because as I wrote it I felt every single word, an amazing experience.
11. What is the most ridiculous comment that you have ever received on social media or as a comment on your blog?
Since I have no social media other than this blog, I have been blessed to receive only one, weird, not having anything to do with the blog comment. I am very thankful.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging awards?
- If you were a sports car which one would you want to be and why?
- If you could only eat one color of food for a week, what color would it be?
- What is your favorite movie line and why?
- If you had to leave your house and take only 10 things with you (excluding all living beings) what would they be?
- Describe yourself in two words.
- What is one sporting activity that you enjoy watching?
- If you could give one piece of advice for all the world to hear what would it be?
- What is your favorite encouraging quote?
- If you had to learn a made up language, which one would you choose and why?
- If you were to learn to play an instrument which one would you choose?
James A. Best
The Godly Chic Diaries
The Panama Adventure
Trying to Break the Stigma
Chronic Pain with a Higher Perspective
MCTD Warrior’s Blog