in my mind i am running free, like the wild horses, across the land without a care in the world
in my mind my body is capable, and I can freely go wherever it will take me
in my mind, my spirit is strong and independent just like the horses that run free
wild horses running free…..to move with such power and grace…..
…….in my mind…….
music makes the past seem real,
the future look brighter,
and the present appear less hopeless……
…don’t let the fear of the future rob you of this moment’s peace……
in your arms i experience true peace
no place do i feel safer, not even in my own mind – which creates chaos and worry
my chest full of rapid beats – you wrap your strong arms around me
calms my heart
calms my thoughts
calms my soul……
…..and it is so darn frustrating and down right scary some days. There are times the brain fog is so thick is seems as if I am trying to think my way through oatmeal, and the old-fashioned rolled ones at that. I can’t remember peoples’ names, words, what I walked into a room for, or what I was going to say next. These symptoms scare me, big time, and I have to work hard to keep my emotions in check as anxiety can come on strong and put me on a train to nowhere.
So, to assist with my memory, here are a few things that I do:
- I make a lot of lists. I keep a running list of items needed at the grocery store and things to do …………….now if I can only keep track of all my lists!
- I keep a calendar on my phone plus one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. I also keep separate calendars on the wall for each of my kiddos major projects, homework, and tests. I realize this is a lot of calendars, but it has taken me years to discover what works for me.
- I try not focus on my mental hiccups as it leads to anxiety which makes every single symptom in the entire world worse!
- I consume healthy fats for my brain.
- I do my best to stay properly hydrated.
- I try to keep my brain active by reading, listening to music, researching, meditating, and trying to learn something new. Who couldn’t be helped by memorizing some Shakespeare?…..shall I count the ways?!
- I take omega 3 fatty acid every day.
- I take magnesium every day.
- I eat a large salad every day.
- I try to move my body daily with some type of physical activity.
Memory issues, from my experience, seem to go along with many of chronic illnesses. I would LOVE to hear what helps you………..
i feel safe from the world
i feel safe from my fears
this safety allows me to stop my tears
i hate feeling scared of what might be
but i am thankful that you are here to calm me
to whisper to me that it will all be ok
that you will, through it all, with me, will stay
lying by your side i hear your heartbeat
a sound that means life, represents love, and lets me know you are close
it is a sound i never tire of hearing
the sound that calms me as i lay scared
may it beat louder and stronger as I lay close
as long as your heart beats, mine will too
knowing you are close and I am safe………