when we quiet our world
only then can we can hear God whisper…..
when we quiet our mind
only then can our soul speak and be heard
nature speaks to us in so many ways…..
….but only when we are humble enough to receive it.
~ wendi, under the pen name Charlie, is the author of Frugal Seeds: 501 Ways to Make, Save, or Stretch a Dollar
…….choose the music that will heal your soul.
~ wendi, under the pen name Charlie, is the author of Frugal Seeds: 501 Ways to Save, Make or Stretch a Dollar
January 1st, 2018 I decided to make a resolution not to watch any TV news. I made this resolution half joking, saying it mainly out of frustration of all the depressing stories I heard day after day. What I discovered after a few weeks was that I felt a bit better. My anxiety dropped and I spent less time watching TV. It was a wonderful experience/experiment and one I plan to carry on in 2019 as part of my……..do more of good and and less of the bad activities.
Wishing you a year of more good stuff in your life!
watching the sun fade into the landscape, it leaves my world dark and still,
it is in these moments that my mind starts to question all that I think to be true
it is a time when I begin to rewrite my own story….
as the dawn arrives, I face a brand new day………and I pray,
maybe today I can make it different
in my mind i am running free, like the wild horses, across the land without a care in the world
in my mind my body is capable, and I can freely go wherever it will take me
in my mind, my spirit is strong and independent just like the horses that run free
wild horses running free…..to move with such power and grace…..
…….in my mind…….
searching a dense forest,
no sunlight can reach me,
its vastness surrounds me and I cannot find my way,
I whisper his name…..
and all I can hear is my own voice calling back to me…….saying
……..where are you?
music makes the past seem real,
the future look brighter,
and the present appear less hopeless……
…don’t let the fear of the future rob you of this moment’s peace……
in your arms i experience true peace
no place do i feel safer, not even in my own mind – which creates chaos and worry
my chest full of rapid beats – you wrap your strong arms around me
calms my heart
calms my thoughts
calms my soul……
…..and it is so darn frustrating and down right scary some days. There are times the brain fog is so thick is seems as if I am trying to think my way through oatmeal, and the old-fashioned rolled ones at that. I can’t remember peoples’ names, words, what I walked into a room for, or what I was going to say next. These symptoms scare me, big time, and I have to work hard to keep my emotions in check as anxiety can come on strong and put me on a train to nowhere.
So, to assist with my memory, here are a few things that I do:
- I make a lot of lists. I keep a running list of items needed at the grocery store and things to do …………….now if I can only keep track of all my lists!
- I keep a calendar on my phone plus one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. I also keep separate calendars on the wall for each of my kiddos major projects, homework, and tests. I realize this is a lot of calendars, but it has taken me years to discover what works for me.
- I try not focus on my mental hiccups as it leads to anxiety which makes every single symptom in the entire world worse!
- I consume healthy fats for my brain.
- I do my best to stay properly hydrated.
- I try to keep my brain active by reading, listening to music, researching, meditating, and trying to learn something new. Who couldn’t be helped by memorizing some Shakespeare?…..shall I count the ways?!
- I take omega 3 fatty acid every day.
- I take magnesium every day.
- I eat a large salad every day.
- I try to move my body daily with some type of physical activity.
Memory issues, from my experience, seem to go along with many of chronic illnesses. I would LOVE to hear what helps you………..