Everyone loves a little pampering now and then. I mean who doesn’t love to be treated special? It is my humble opinion, every person with chronic illness is extra special and deserves to be spoiled.
Here are 10 ways you can pamper yourself if you have saved enough cash to do so. (Putting stuff on credit cards causes stress and completely undoes the benefit of the pampering!)
- A professional manicure. Once this is done, it is so much easier for you to keep your nails looking nice.
- A professional pedicure. This is my favorite treat. I save up money over the winter so I can afford a pedicure once sandal season is upon us.
- A massage. Who doesn’t love to get a massage? Super relaxing and the health benefits are undeniable.
- Buy a new article of clothing. Make sure it is something comfortable and fits now. You don’t want to have to wait to break it in……….just in case it doesn’t.
- A hair cut. A fresh new look can give you a huge moral boost.
- Purchase an item that will make your life easier. It could be an appliance for the kitchen to make meal prep easier, to a rolling laundry hamper so you don’t have to carry laundry to and fro.
- A new pair of shoes. New shoes adds cushion to your walk and can make you feel more light. Who doesn’t love to feel like your walking on air?
- A night away. Sometimes just getting out of the house and immersing yourself in another location can uplift your spirits. A change of scenery can be good for the soul.
- Go out to eat at a nice restaurant, who doesn’t love having someone else prepare a meal and take care of the clean up afterwards?
- A purchase something that will give you an emotional lift such as a new book, CD, DVD, makeup, lotion or a pretty throw pillow for your bed.
Don’t forget to save up for these and use a coupon if able. No need to spend more than necessary. And hey, maybe you will save enough to do something else nice for yourself!